Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's a no go

Well, we aren't getting the baby we thought we'd get. Honestly, I'm not really sure what all happened. Tesla called me almost every other day. She had made a decision to give us the baby. She really wanted someone that would love her baby and she told me she knew we would. Well, the attornys have been trying to have a meeting with her and her mom. Her mom wouldn't contact the attorneys. So, they told us that if we didn't hear anything be Wed. of last week that they strongly advise us not to pursue the adoption. I don't think Tesla's mom had a clue about how adoption works. I don't think she realized that Tesla was in charge of the whole thing. It's her baby, she's in charge. Her mom had told the birth father that he could be in the room when the baby was born and that he could see that baby. All kinds of strange things. Tesla had a VPO against this guy. When he gets abusive when you are pregnat.. probably not a good idea to let him come around. Anyway. I haven't heard from Tesla in a week now. I figured she might call and let me know what happened. I'm okay with her changing her mind. She has that right. And we didn't have any money or anything really invested in this baby. Just a few emotions that's all. It was hard to hear the news. Jeff and I were both looking forward to being parents in July. It's just not what God had in mind for us. We pretty much heard Him loud and clear in this situtation. He took us out as fast as we got in. I wish nothing but the best for Tesla. She is a super sweet girl with a lot of potential. I just hope she realizes that. Please continue to pray for her and her baby. I know she is a strong girl. I just hope things work out for her. Jeff and I talked about what if they come back later and want us to take the baby (before it's born and all). We just don't know. We'd have to really pray about it. You know, God answers our prayers even if it's in a way that we don't want. We didn't want to lose this baby, but He has a reason for us not getting this baby. He is still making our perfect baby. I couldn't be more excited about that. I know one day I will get to meet my baby. I can't wait.

Our agency called me last week and told me that our fingerprints are back. YAY! We can finally start our homestudy. We are going to an Enrich program this week. Not really sure what we will be doing but they said it would only take a few hours. We are still moving forward with our agency. They are so wonderful. Sweet, sweet people. I am working on our profile and trying to get it ready. I've been trying to find pictures of Jeff and I together. For some reason that has been hard for me. I guess because when we go on vacations or anywhere it's just us. I did go raid my mom's pics tonight. Got a few there. I'll see if my sis has any of us and maybe some with her kiddos. It is fun for me to put this together. So.. we are still marching on with our adoption. God is taking us where He wants us and we are following!

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I'm so sorry. I've been following your blog silently, and was so hoping your adoption was going to work. I went through a similar experience about 11 years ago, and it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with. You are in my prayers. (My name posts as "Thomas", but I'm actually his mother.)

Darya said...

I'm sorry this didn't work out. I feel really bad for Tesla. Her mom is being ridiculous. Maybe it's best it happened now rather than later on the road when you had more invested. Her mom obviously has a lot of pull over her and you would have gone through a really bad rollercoaster. I know it's hard now but I also know the right situation will come in time. ((((HUGS)))