Sunday, August 3, 2008

Better luck next time

Well, IVF #1 got cancelled. We had our RE appointment on Friday (8/1/08) and he cancelled us. I had a lead follicle and the others weren't going to catch up. I'm just disappointed. I had to wait and write this so that I wouldn't cry through the whole thing. At least I was a little more prepared than I was on Wed. At least I knew there was a huge possibility that I was going to be cancelled. It just plain sucks. At least I know my follies had grown over the 2 days between appointments. And my lining had gotten thicker. It went from 3mm to 7mm. That's pretty good for me. RE said that we are going to do things different next time around. I think I will be on high doses of Follistim instead of starting low. We'll start high and then go low. We may use different Lupron to. He thinks that could have been part of the problem. He said it's just an expensive trial and error. That's for sure. He was so nice and didn't charge us for the ultrasound that day. He knows that we are private pay and that my insurance won't pick anything up when it's coded IVF so the u/s was on him. I love my doc! He's awesome. He made sure that we were okay and that we understood what was going on. The nurse kept saying she was so sorry. She couldn't imagine how disappointed we must be. She's so sweet. The receptionist was also so nice. She got so excited for us that we were doing this. She was apologetic as well. But she was very positive. I love that office!!!!! Great people!!!! RE put me on aygestin again. I'll do BCP's but not a whole lot of them. Maybe a couple of weeks. I have an "all quiet" visit on Aug. 15. We'll go from there as soon as AF shows. Our possible start date is Sept 13. At least we don't have to wait for months. Just really until AF shows and then the ball is rolling again. I just hope this time our ball doesn't go flat.

I know that God has a plan for everything. This was just a fork in the road He had for us. We know that God will show us the direction we are suppose to go. We know that when He's ready He will reveal his plan to us and show us when and where our baby will come from. This month just wasn't the month our baby was to be conceived. We have to put our trust in God that He will show us the direction we need to go. We'll get there... it's just slower and more curvier than we wanted.

At least we weren't told that we can't have childrent yet. RE still has hope for us. We are just glad that we didn't get to the ER and then him say.. oh.. by the way.. your eggs suck. Or something like that. I'm glad that we have a doctor that is proactive and wants the best for us. Although it's disappointing that we got cancelled we still have hope for next time.

No comments: